Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"Top Ten Myths About Health Care"

Here's an interesting book/pamphlet I found online. It's called the "Top Ten Myths About Health Care."

It made me think. Here's a brief topic list, and then I'll let you read the rest to yourself:
1) Government health care is more efficient,
2) We're spending too much on health care,
3) 46 million Americans cannot get health care,
4) High drug prices drive up health care costs,
5) Importing drugs will reduce health care costs,
6)Universal coverage can be achieved by forcing everyone to buy coverage,
7) Government prevention programs reduce health care costs,
8) We need more government to insure poor Americans
9) Health information technology is a silver bullet for reducing health care costs, and
10) Government run health care plans in other countries are better/less costly than those in America.

I only had a chance to read the first chapter since I'm supposed to be packing for San Diego, but it was pretty interesting. This really cleared up some areas of confusion for me.

Well, back to laundry...

No comments: