Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Change you can believe in!

I should be doing my homework, but I'm not. I have no desire to deal with MapleTA right now, but I need to. I need every point I can get so I can try to get an A in calculus. Unfortunately, I also need a break from this stuff or I'll lose my sanity...

Either way, I found a few interesting articles online that you should consider reading:

"Obama's stimulus package seeks to save jobs and energy"

Especially take note of the last bit of commentary. The money has to come from somewhere. But where?
Another part of the stimulus plan advocates using money (again, from where?) to help repair/remodel bridges, roads, schools, and other state owned furnishings. Now, this sounds peachy until you analyze the possible implications. The construction industry is contracting (the main reason for this part of the stimulus plan is out of work construction laborers) because it was too large. There were too many in the first place. Why would we want to sustain those extra jobs? The same workers will be out of work as soon as the stimulus plan ends. These men/women would be better off getting a different job now.

Also, why would we try to create an industry that has to be supported by the government? It's not as if it will just magically sustain itself once it's up and running...

Another interesting one:

"Obama shelves oil company tax after price fall: aide"

It appears that someone's been playing with the public a little on campaign promises, huh? At least he realized that it was
a really stupid idea...

And this should make you cringe... Reading this made me realize how little I want Tom Daschle to be in charge of anything:
"Daschle-Obama healthcare possibilities"

I don't think I need to say anything about that...

No comments: